Boot Fit Guarantee
Hike and Ride Comfort Fit Guarantee
At Hike and Ride, we’re committed to finding the correct boots for your skiing ability and foot shape. We aim to get the fit right first time, but with each foot having 26 bones and 33 joints moving in several planes of motion, sometimes this can be a little tricky.
Feet change shape over time- pregnancy, injuries and general ageing are all viable reasons for this (and just a few examples), so our guarantee remains in place, in full, for 18 months from purchase date. Should a problem develop with your boots in this period we’ll happily refit your boots at no extra charge at a time and place that suits you.
If any other problems still arise, we’ll swap you into another set of boots at no extra cost to you (unless the new boots are a higher Recommended Retail Price, RRP, in which you will need to cover the difference). However, at this point, should you just wish to return your boots, and provided they do not show excessive signs of wear and tear, we’ll refund your boots and footbeds at the purchase price, less a 35% usage charge.
What’s covered in the process
Boots fitted by appointment
- All stretches/modifications included
- Boots charged at RRP
- A flat £40 fitting fee will be charged to sale boots discounted by £40 or more.
- Custom insoles £95
Boots purchased elsewhere
- Custom insoles charged at £95
- First hour of modifications free of charge with insole purchase
- Unlimited modifications charged at £50 per hour without insole purchase, chargeable at £25per half hour after first hour (modifications include to both the liner and shell)
- Comfort fit guarantee not included
Terms and Conditions
- Valid only for boots purchased face to face with guidance from our expert boot fitters. Online purchases, or specific boot requests from customers during a fitting that go against Hike and Ride recommendations are not included.
- In above situations, boots can be modified as required by the customer, however any parts, modifications and travel expenses will be covered, in full, by the customer.
- Valid, in full (as mentioned above), for 18 months from date of purchase, after such times we will still happily refit your boots for you free of charge, however any parts and travel expenses will no longer be included in this package.
- A foundation is key to a good build- ski boots included. If you brought a set of boots without a set of foot beds, with pre-molded/generic foot beds or with an old pair transferred from another set of boots, we reserve the right to request you to add custom foot beds, built by Hike and Ride into your boots. These are charged at RRP. In these instances, we will refund the cost to you of any generic foot beds purchased through us. Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further clarification on this.
- You must allow us adequate chance to reassess and refit your boots should any problems arise in your boots.
- The boots in question must not be unreasonably worn or damaged and only have been used for their intended purpose- boots that have been heavily skied in before requesting a modification or refund (you will notice within a few days of skiing should a problem arise) or boots that have been damaged through no fault of Hike and Ride or altered (by an individual not employed by Hike and Ride) beyond any resale will no longer be covered by the Comfort Guarantee. Ie, boots should be in a resalable condition upon return.
- 35% usage charge on boots will be taken off the initial purchase price should you wish to return your boots and you are adamant we can not find you a suitable replacement boot. Foot beds are made to fit the individual, in these instances Hike and Ride do not have to take this product back as it can be used in any new set of ski or snowboard boots. If you are adamant you would like your insoles returned, these will be returned at 50% of purchase price.
- Travel is charge on a half hourly basis, from your choice of locations (W12 0JS London or CV35 7DU Warwick) after confirmation of appointment. Hike and Ride will cover the first half hour of travel free of charge. 30-60 minutes is chargeable at £10 and then £7.50 per half an hour from here.
- Congestion charge, parking and travel costs from your initial fitting are not refundable
- If new boots are provided after refitting, an extended guarantee time of 12 months will begin from this date (if less than 12 months remain on your current guarantee)
- This guarantee does not in any way affect your statutory rights